Career choice with AIIMS Entrance exam:
AIIMS Entrance Examination is the national level test for MBBS, BSc in Nursing, Radiography, Audiometry initiated graduate degree programs at seven AIIMS institutes in India. AINS is one of the most popular UG / PG courses in the world. Those who want to continue their education in the medical field can take the AIIMS exam.
Some of the popular UG courses in AIIMS are:
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.Sc (Hons) Nursing
- B.Sc (Hons) Ophthalmic techniques
- B.Sc (Hons)Medical technology
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery):
The proud thing of an Indian medical student is to get an MBBS at AIIMS. This is because AIIMS is rated as the largest medical college in India. In addition, MBBS is the most prestigious degree in the medical field. This title can be divided into two parts:
- Bachelor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Surgery
This is a two-degree course in one domain. In countries such as the UK, this type of medical degree is traditionally followed, while in countries such as the United States this degree is specifically awarded as MD (Physician) and DO (Osteopathic Medicine). But in India, it is the only compulsory degree that a person can call a “doctor”.
More about MBBS:
Course duration: 4 years + 1-year employment
Five years of training with direct contact from patients.
Students who have passed the 12th Board Examination with a minimum of 60% marks are eligible to appear for the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination. In addition, the student must have taken major subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the AIIMS Medical Entrance Examination conducted for the MBBS course. The syllabus covers various subjects such as microbiology, biochemistry, structural physiology, and pharmacology.
Few special advantages of MBBS from AIIMS:
- AIIMS is one of the best medical colleges in India. Thus, learning MBBS from AIIMS is something a medical student can be proud of.
- You can enjoy world-class facilities during your study at AIIMS.
- It gives students a good idea of what they are learning, rare diseases and how to treat them
- MBBS is considered one of the toughest degrees in the country. So, studying this in AIIMS will give more colours in your career and life.
- AIIMS medical students have high goodwill all over the world.
AIIMS offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, one of the most important courses in the medical field. It is a three-year professional degree in the field of nursing that focuses on improving health by preventing the onset of disease.
Advantages of studying in B.Sc Nursing:
- The study of nursing has its significance and offers a wide variety of opportunities around the world.
- After completing the bachelor’s degree in nursing, students are eligible to continue their education in the field of nursing and pursue advanced courses such as M.sc (Nursing).
- There are several areas with nursing like Psychiatry, Medical and surgical courses, The health of the community, Gynaecology, Pediatrics, Obstetrics
B.Sc Hons Nursing:
AIIMS also offers the opportunity to study for a BSc (Hons) in Nursing, which focuses on developing students’ research and theoretical skills in the field of nursing. In short, students who want to pursue a BSc (Hons) Nursing course or students who want to work in a research field after a regular BSc (Nursing) course can continue.
BSc (Hons) graduates are given top priority over ordinary BSc graduates. AIIMS conducts a special examination for BSc (Hons) Nursing admission. The duration of this exam is 2 hours and includes questions in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
B.Sc Hons Ophthalmic Techniques:
Deals with Eye Disorders Treatment for eye disorders. The duration of the course is three academic years and is available as a part-time course at some institutions. This course is in high demand and has a wide range of opportunities upon completion.
Advantages of this course:
- This degree ensures students access to a variety of ophthalmology assignments.
- This degree serves as a good foundation for pursuing a Master’s degree in ophthalmology.
- They can get jobs in eye hospitals, contact lens showrooms and lens manufacturing companies
B.Sc (Hons) Medical Technology:
Must have passed 12th Board Examination with at least 50% marks to join AIIMS BSc (Honors) Medical Technology course. In general, students want to do a BSc in medical technology in the field of radiography. This is a course that focuses mainly on the benefits or effects of X-rays and how to use them effectively.
This course covers all topics related to X-rays (ultrasound, MRI scan, etc.) and safety measures to protect against harmful radiation effects. To follow this syllabus, students must write a special entrance exam for auxiliary medical courses conducted by AIIMS.
The exam is one and a half hours long and consists of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics questions. Applicants may participate in biology or math. Florence Academy Thrissur provides coaching for NEET, AIIMS Entrance exam, JIPMER. We aim to provide the best and only the best to students and that’s why we employ expert staff who are highly qualified.